Being a generally happy person I suspect that today’s list of 15 things that make me happy will be easy for to compile.
1. When you’re sitting down and feeling relaxed and there’s no where you need to go for the rest of the day/night.
2. Warm sand between your toes.
3. Laying in bed cuddled up in fresh bedding to have an afternoon nap. Preferably with my other half & Dora!
4. That tipsy feeling you get after a couple of glasses of wine. You know the one where your confidence levels are equal to the honesty you speak and you really don’t care.
5. Horses. Everything about them. The calming influence they bring to your otherwise hectic day, or the exhilaration you feel when on board. Even their smell brings back happy memories of all things equestrian.
7. Running somewhere new and just soaking up the new sights so it takes your mind off the fact that you’re actually exercising!
8. Walking Dora in new places or just heading out with no clear intention. Just walking wherever we like for however long we want.
9. The smell of fresh flowers in the house.
10. Music. I love almost every kind of music dependant on my mood. Whether it’s dancing around the kitchen doing the cleaning, singing as loud as I like whilst driving along or making shapes on the dance floor in my favourite bars.
11. That feeling you get when you’ve accomplished something you’ve dreamed of.
12. Dining out in posh restaurants and eating well cooked food.
13. When you crack a joke and everyone laughs and for a minute you realise you are actually quite funny.
14. When you know you’ve cheered someone up, helped them or just made a difference.
15. Waves that gently crash in the sea being the only sound that breaks a perfect silence as you sit and observe the vast openness that fills you with the wonderment of ‘what’s out there?’
I could so easily go on, but the title says 15 so that’s your lot.
Check out what makes others happy at Outmumbered.