From the moment your turn the page on your calendar from January to February the slow increase in your anxiety levels begins as you worry about having something awesome planned for valentines day. Some of you will have been been planning for a little while now, but if you’re like me it’s definitely the 1st of the month when the planning begins.
I love Valentines Day, it’s an excuse to get utterly and cheekily romantic without feeling cheesetastic, but if your really stuck for ideas this year, fear not; whether your thrifty or frugal I have some ideas to get you through..
1. Flowers. It’s got to be at the top of every valentines day list. Whether you send flowers to your loved one throughout the year or not, receiving them around valentines day is sure to earn you brownie points, especially if they’re delivered! (Perhaps to the workplace would be even better?)
2. Hair Products. Whether your other half is a fashionista or not, girls love to feel gorgeous and this usually starts with a decent mop top! This Braun Sensodryer hair dryer will certainly ensure your Mrs has perfectly styled hair for this special date night.
3. Get Crafty. If you’d prefer to keep the purse strings tight at this time of year, you’d better think up a good alternative. Make your own Valentines Card or even a DIY gift. I once painted a mug for my partner – it looked like the work of a child, but the thought & effort earned me a big tick, and it’s still used today for the morning brew – do a constant reminder of my love.
4. Music for lovers. Is there a special song you’d like to dedicate to your Valentine? Or perhaps you’d like to surprise your spouse with the melody of your ‘first dance’? Albumcards can do just that. With more & more albums being added daily, they are a great way to have your sweetheart think of you when that special song plays, especially good for the secret lover or teenage flirt.
5. Beauty. They say it’s in the eye of the beholder but if I’m honest there are times I look at myself and hardly feel beautiful at all, that’s when I know it’s time to get booked in for manicure at Nails by Nataya, in Manchester.. Booking a manicure for the lady in your life is sure to be a hit.
6. Stress free days. No I’m not just suggesting you take the kids for a day to give your other half a break, why not book him/her in for a spa day? Or better still, get a babysitter and go together. There are plenty of deals to be had online but if time is of the essence you could book a massage in locally at The Buddha Beauty Company in Chorlton.
7. Whisk ’em away. It doesn’t matter who you are. You’re not telling me you don’t like a cheeky night in a swanky hotel? One of my favourites is The Alma Inn, Lancashire. A perfect location to pop the question…
8. Home comforts. Cant go out due to kids, money and generally being too busy? I hear ya. Stay at home and cook a special meal. Set the table with beautiful decor and dust off the ‘posh glasses’ to enjoy something you wouldn’t usually cook and a little glass of bubbly. Then curl up together on the sofa and watch a good movie…or have an early night if you’d prefer *wink wink*
9. Something to look forward to. It’s not always viable to go out on Valentines day, personally I’ll be work a night shift this year! That’s when it’s great to have something to look forward to, book in a visit for afternoon tea together. Great John Street Hotel in Manchester offer a gentleman’s version too if champagne isn’t up his street.
10. Splash out. If you really want to splash the cash this year, get your detectives in the case. Ask his/her friends if there’s anything high up on the wish list – and go and buy it. New shoes? Rally driving? Or a city break abroad? Be the one they talk about in the office by topping the Valentines chart this year.
Want to feel silky smooth for your Valentine this year? Enter our competition to win a fantastic Braun Face. With an RRP of £69.00 this prize will ensure you achieve the make up look you want, with flawless radiant skin. This 2in1 beauty tool can remove hair up to 200x faster than tweezing and 4x shorter than wax! With it’s cleansing brush working 6x better than manual cleansing you are sure to look hot hot hot with your very own Braun Face cleansing and eplilation gadget!